“Ruboy” Thursday Shoot-Out
Thursday, July 16, 2020
One-day fun tournament, with minimal rules, keeping with the spirit of Captain Pete!
· Open to any/all boats at least 18′ long and equipped with a marine radio.
· Open communication.
· No observers required, however boats and coolers are subject to inspection.
· All Michigan DNR rules apply (# of rods, bag limits, etc.)
· 6:00 a.m. shotgun start, Return to harbor by 2:00 p.m.
· Coolers must be brought to weigh station by 3:00 p.m. Please drain coolers of excess water. Foreign objects or ice found in fish will result in disqualification.
· Weigh your 5 best fish (any species, sorting permitted). Total weight of these 5 fish will determine the winners. Biggest single fish will decide ties. If still tied, prize money will be split.
Payouts will be based upon number of entries.
Awards ceremony (approx. 4 p.m.) will be broadcast on Facebook Live.
Anticipated winnings for the top three places are:
$3,000 1st Place
$1,500 2nd Place
$700 3rd Place
$500 Big Fish Prize
presented by Friends of Jerry Lee & the Ludington Area Charter Boat Association
In addition, a $1,000 donation will be made in Pete’s name to the Ludington Area Charterboat Association for their annual net pen project.
The Ruboy Tournament Weigh In and Awards Ceremony will be held at Waterfront Park – parking lot.
As in stated in the rules: Boats must be inside the Ludington pier heads by 2:00 p.m.
You must have your cooler with your five biggest fish to Waterfront Park by 3:00 p.m. for the weigh in. Proceed to the parking lot at Waterfront Park for weigh-in. NO TRAILERS please. Your crew will unload cooler and fish.
ELIGIBILITY: The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decline entry or participation by any person, team or boat, as deemed necessary, to ensure such things as integrity, image, reputation, financial performance and community relationships with sponsors, participants and supporting groups.