Ludington Legends Memorial Tournament
Thursday, July 14, 2022
One-day fun tournament, with minimal rules, keeping with the spirit of departed local fishermen!
· Open to any/all boats at least 18′ long and equipped with a marine radio.
· Open communication.
· No observers required, however boats and coolers are subject to inspection.
· All Michigan DNR rules apply (# of rods, bag limits, etc.)
· 6:00 a.m. shotgun start, Return to harbor by 2:00 p.m.
· Coolers must be brought to weigh station by 3:00 p.m. Please drain coolers of excess water. Foreign objects or ice found in fish will result in disqualification.
· Weigh your 5 best fish (any species, sorting permitted). Total weight of these 5 fish will determine the winners. Biggest single fish will decide ties. If still tied, prize money will be split.
Payouts will be based upon number of entries.
Awards ceremony (approx. 4 p.m.) will be broadcast on Facebook Live.
Anticipated winnings for the top three places are:
$3,000* – 1st Place
$1,500* – 2nd Place
$700* – 3rd Place
*based on number of boats
$500 – Big Fish Prize
presented by Friends of Jerry Lee & the Ludington Charter Boat Association
In addition, a $1,000 donation will be made in Captain Pete Ruboyianes’ name to the Ludington Charter Boat Association for its annual net pen project.
The tournament weigh-in and awards ceremony will be held at Waterfront Park.
As in stated in the rules: Boats must be inside the Ludington pier heads by 2:00 p.m.
You must have your cooler with your five biggest fish to Waterfront Park by 3:00 p.m. for the weigh in.
ELIGIBILITY: The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decline entry or participation by any person, team or boat, as deemed necessary, to ensure such things as integrity, image, reputation, financial performance and community relationships with sponsors, participants and supporting groups